Working foreman, Civil –
- Newly created role due to ongoing growth.
- Strong team culture and full leadership support.
- Locally owned and operated, where you can truly make a difference.
Ideally at least 2 years as a working foreman, civil, leading crew on site + 5 years’ operating a variety of machinery in civil construction.
About the company:
A nimble, locally owned and highly successful engineering contractor firm, they work closely with a large range of clients throughout the Kaipara and Northland areas. Working across both forestry and civil jobs, they genuinely value their people and are passionate about delivering excellence, as demonstrated by their high safety ratings.
About your new job:
Working as part of a site management team, you’ll develop key relationships, bringing together the client, contractors, sub-contractors and crew. In this hands on role, take charge of all site machines, trucks and equipment and those that operate them as well as ensuring the team is delivering a quality job, on time, as specified and to budget. And when you’re not planning (workforce planning, care and maintenance of machinery etc.), inspecting ongoing work or giving instructions, you’ll happily jump in a truck or on a piece of machinery to support your team and the job at hand.
You and your background:
- Ideally 5 years’ experience operating a variety of machinery in the civil construction industry.
- At least 2 years as a working foreman, civil, successfully leading crews on site, meeting all job requirements and expectations.
- Ability to understand and follow plans
- Solid understanding of construction methodology and earthwork plans.
- You live and breathe health, safety, quality and a sustainable environment and you contribute to and support a robust culture around these key elements.
- Excellent and effective communicator.
- A ‘hands on’ approach to jobs, able to work under pressure, determine priorities and manage challenging situations.
- A full, clean Driver’s License (class 2 truck required, class 4 preferred) as well as Wheels, Tracks and Rollers endorsements.
Are you ready to join a company who truly cares about you, your career and your wellbeing? Call me in confidence to discuss further, Jane Lewis, 6am Recruitment on 021 955 353 or email me your CV to email@example.com
Only those living in New Zealand and with eligibility to work here will be considered for this role.
|Job Category||Civil & Construction|