Fabrication Supervisor, Structural Steel –
- Review workshop drawings, identifying any potential production issues.
- Scheduling and planning
- Lead and coach team of fabricators to improve performance
A highly respected leader in the NZ market across structural steel construction. Due to their reputation and commitment to on-time delivery of quality work, they are continuously busy and now need you to support the workshop manager.
- Oversee job drawings to work out scheduling, including programing of jobs and determine project start dates as well as how to stage the job for production flows. There can be up to 15 jobs running at any one time.
- Review drawings and raise potential issues regarding production with Workshop Manager
- Lead and coach team of fabricators to improve performance.
- Train and develop direct reports to improve their leadership and management skills
- Run fortnightly toolbox meetings
- Lead initial investigations and by example in health & safety
- Induct new employees to the workshop
What you’ll bring:
- Strong team leadership/ supervisory experience within a range of production workshops including steel and heavy construction.
- Welding and fabrication experience essential.
- Knowledge of engineering standards such as AS/NZS 1554.1, AS/NZ 5131 & ISO 9606
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings to breakdown production and manufacturing into sequences and timelines.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills essential
- Excellent relationship builder ensuring open communication as well as cooperation and integration of production elements.
This is a role is for a leader with strong, serious skills in heavy steel engineering. The company is large and highly respected in the construction industry. Bring your brilliant experience, excellent attitude and focus on leadership, quality and timely delivery. Apply now by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call Jane Lewis, 6am Recruitment on 021 955 353 to discuss further.
Applicants for this position must be in NZ and have NZ Citizenship/ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics|
|Job Reference Number||529|